If you have recently gotten a doodle mix or plan to get one you might be wondering about the Best Dog Crate for Goldendoodle, Labradoodle, and Doodles. Crate training can be a wonderful thing for dogs of all ages and backgrounds. But, what crate is the right one to get? Are there differences between crates?
In this article, we hope to give you the best advice on crate styles for every need and the best dog crate for your Goldendoodle, Labradoodle and Bernedoodle.
IN A HURRY? HERE ARE OUR TOP PICKS…
The Best Dog Crate for Goldendoodle, Labradoodle, and Bernedoodle
1. New World Metal Dog Crate
Single door folding metal dog crate, New World dog crate measures 48L x 30W x 33H inches & is suitable for XL dog breeds between 91 – 110 pounds
The folding metal dog crate includes a leak-proof plastic pan & a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Two heavy-duty slide-bolt latches (per door) securely lock the dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their pet home
Folding metal dog crate assembles easily w/out tools & folds flat for convenient storage, travel & portability inside & outside your home
Durable metal dog crate design creates a safe place for your pet while you’re away & provides for your dog’s instinctual “den” instincts.
This Dog Crate for Doodles is available in two sizes: 42 inches and 48 inches. The 42-inch crate is an excellent Dog Crate for Goldendoodle and Labradoodle. Whereas the average height for them is about 2 feet tall.
Whereas, the 48-inch crate is great for Bernedoodles who get a lot taller at an average of 27 inches. This crate comes with a waterproof pan liner and completely folds in for secure storage. Though this crate does not come with a crate divider, they do have one for this brand sold separately.
- Comes with leak-proof pan
- Available in sizes for all dogs
- Available in one or two-door options
- Easy folding system
- 1-year warranty
- Crate divider sold separately
2. Midwest iCrate Starter Kit
THE LARGE DOG BREED KIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GET STARTED! | 1 fully equipped 2-door iCrate, 1 dog bed, 1 crate cover & 2 (1 qt.) pet bowls that affix to the dog crate | dog crate measures 42L x 28W x 30H inches when assembled
STARTER KIT ideal for large dog breeds w/ adult weight up to 71 – 90 pounds
DESIGNED TO FIT & USER-FRIENDLY | Fleece pet bed & polyester crate cover fit your dog crate & are machine washable / dryer friendly | 2 “Snap’s Fit” dog bowls are designed to attach to the dog crate keeping food & water in one convenient location
MIDWEST HOMES FOR PETS QUALITY GUARANTEE | Entire Dog Crate for Doodlesdogs kit includes 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty on all products
This dog crate for Doodles is a great starter kit for new dog owners. It comes with a pet bed and crate cover. The crate cover can be crate if you are night crate training to prevent accidents or if you have a dog with anxiety. It gives them a warm cozy place to relax and call their own. The pet bed and crate cover are also washable in case of any accidents that may happen.
This crate is also available in two larger sizes to fit all standard doodle breeds. But it does not come with a divider for puppies. There is one sold by this brand separately.
- Available in 2 larger sizes
- Comes with a pet bed and cover
- 1-year warranty
- dog bowls shouldn’t be used while crate training as it will cause potty accidents.
- Crate divider sold separately
3. Precision Pet ProValu Pet Crate
RELIABLE, SECURE LOCK: 5-point precision lock system secures the metal dog crate at 5 locations, keeping pets safe inside
DOG CRATES FOR MEDIUM DOGS: Adjustable dog crate with divider panel accommodates medium pups as they grow
TRAVEL AND STORAGE FRIENDLY: Collapsible dog crate folds flat to roughly two inches, making it convenient for travel and transport
TWO SEPARATE ENTRANCES: Medium dog crate for Doodles has doors on either side for easy placement in different rooms of the home
DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND: The rounded corners and secure door ensure the portable dog crate is snag-free for the pet’s comfort and safety
EASY TO CLEAN: Travel dog crate for Doodles comes with a removable polypropylene plastic pan for quick and simple cleaning
AVAILABLE IN SEVERAL SIZES: Double door pet crate is available in sizes ranging from extra small to extra large to accommodate a wide range of dogs
This crate is unique in that it has a 5 point locking system for the crate doors. This locking system is great for dogs that seem to bust out of crates, or for added protection that your dog won’t accidentally break a lock.
The crate is made from durable, high-quality metal to last for years to come. This crate is also fantastic in that it comes with a crate divider as well. Also, available in Large and Extra-Large sizes to fit all Doodles alike. It can be folded up for transportation or storage. And it comes with a waterproof liner.
- 5 point locking system
- Comes with a divider
- Two doors for accessibility
- Available in Large and Extra-Large
- There are none
4. LUCKUP Heavy Duty Dog Cage
This heavy-duty dog crate measures 41.5″L X 30.5″W X 37″H inches & is suitable for large dog breeds between 71 – 90 pounds. In addition, Sturdy metal construction; folds flat for easy storage.
DOUBLE DOOR & LACHES DESIGN: This kennel features both top and side door access. it’s a great way to make sure that you are able to interact with your dog while still keeping him or her safe.
It is not only suitable for the big dogs in and out but also convenient for the owner to feed. Heavy-duty slide-bolt latch securely locks dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their pet home.
EASY TO CLEAN & MOVE: The two removable bottom trays, a washable metal pan, and a floor grate make clean up more conveniently. This dog kennel comes complete with a set of four wheels, two front wheels can be safely locked to hold it in place for storage. Instead of having to lift or carry a heavy cage with an even heavier dog inside, just roll it along on the wheels into your car, truck, or RV.
RUST & CORROSION: RESISTANT: Featuring a multi-layer, protective hammer-tone coating that resists rust and corrosion so this cage is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Moreover, the coating of the frame is non-toxic so it is safe for dogs even if the dog bites or lick the cage frame.
WARRANTY & CUSTOMER SERVICE: All product offers a 30-day refund guaranty and 18-month replacement warranty! Please feel free to contact us whenever you have any product quality problems. Our dog crate for Doodles is excellent at providing your dog with a sense of being in a “den-like’’!
These crates are meant for dogs that have severe separation anxiety. You might have seen the ones in viral youtube videos that have chewed their crates open and have destroyed doors and walls.
These dogs need to have somewhere safe to stay while their owners are away, and this is it. This crate is a heavy-duty 100% satisfaction guarantee, chew-proof crate. Whereas, these crates are bulky and take a little time to assemble correctly. They generally don’t have crate dividers for puppies that do not fold in on itself.
Furthermore, this crate will prevent your dog with separation anxiety from potentially hurting himself by chewing through plastics and wire. The wires are also closer together so that a dog won’t be able to grab surrounding objects.
Even so, these crates may seem intimidating and impersonal at first, but once your dog adjusts to it, your dog will relax comfortably in it all day while waiting for you to come home.
- 100% chew proof
- Money-back guarantee
- Comes in Large and Extra-Large sizes for all doodle types
- Safe to use and
- Steep price point
- No dividers available
5. Amazon Basics Folding Metal Dog Crate
This crate is a simple and yet reliable dog crate for Doodles and is made by Amazon Basics. Therefore, it is affordable for everyone without taking away from the durability of the product.
This crate comes with a waterproof liner and crate divider. You can either purchase it with one or two doors. In addition, it also comes in a large and extra-large sizes. It can also fold into a compact space for travel or storage.
- Sizes for Bernedoodles and Golden/Labradoodles alike
- Divider included
- Cheapest of all the dog crates found
- Not as secure for dogs who try to escape
You might be thinking, Why Are Crates Important?
Dog crate for Doodles is a great way of giving a new puppy or adopted adult dog, a safe place to stay when you are gone for prolonged amounts of time. New puppies can be naughty and might chew or potty in areas they shouldn’t if no one is around to watch them.
For adopted dogs, crates can be a way to get them used to a new home before being allowed free range of the house while you are gone. They can also be a safe place for dogs with separation anxiety to go when you are away at work.
There are lots of different ways to crate train. No one way is more proper than the other, but there are some universal do’s and don’ts
- Make sure that your crate can fit your full-grown doodle. However, If you are purchasing from a breeder ask to take a look at the parents for a rough comparison on what to expect of your dog. But, for a full-grown dog to fit comfortably in a crate, he or she will need to be able to enter and turn around without ducking or being crammed.
- Give your dog toys, bedding, and toys to chew on while you are not there. If left in an empty crate, your dog will feel lonely and bored. Puzzle toys and chew sticks are great for keeping dogs busy for long stretches. Adding a blanket with your scent on it will help comfort your dog as well.
- Get them used to their crate slowly. This means starting for short periods of time with your present and gradually increase the time spent in the crate before leaving them in it while you are out. Outings should also be gradual and increase in time.
- Take your dog’s collar off when he or she is in the crate. Collars and tags can snag and get stuck in crate wires if not removed.
- Use the crate as a punishment. Whereas, by using a crate as punishment will make it confusing when you have to create them while you are out as they will associate you leaving as punishment. As a result, they will start to reject the crate and can become violent while in it.
- Therefore, Give them potty pads. Consequently, potty pads will encourage them to use the bathroom in their crate every time they are left alone.
- In fact, you shouldn’t leave a new puppy all alone for an extended period. However, a puppy’s bladder is small and can only hold it for a few hours at a time. Whereas, It won’t be until they are six months old that they will be able to hold their bladder for 8 hours at a time.
When picking a crate, it is also good to keep in mind that this will be a one-time buy, if done correctly, as these crates are rather durable. So though these crates seem higher priced for smaller puppies, you will spend more money buying a new crate for every stage that the puppy grows than if you just bought a crate and divider.
Likewise, these dividers can be moved to allow one crate to grow with your puppy. For this reason, you do not want your puppy to have the full crate available to him/her at all times. Having a full crate open usually encourages them to pick a side in a far corner to use as a bathroom area.
What To Look For In A Crate:
Will the crate hold up to excessive chewing and pulling?
- Waterproof liner
Most crates will come with a liner already. These liners should fit the crate snugly to prevent any accidents from happening.
- Comes with a divider or that you can buy one
- The proper locking system is essential during the potty training
If your dog can get out of crates quickly, you might want to invest in a crate with multiple locks.
- Made of metal
Soft crates are great for when traveling but they pose a risk when used daily. Whereas, an untrained dog could chew through a soft crate or choke on the zippers.
Therefore, finding the right crate for your dog can be a tricky task but with the proper research and knowledge of what to look for, we hope we have given everyone a great option to choose from. You might find that there are other needs that your specific dog requires, and that’s ok. These crates are like a private room for your dog.
Dog training is a huge part of raising any pet and crate is a vital part of potting training any new pup. Get started today and put your fur friend his or her own crate 🙂
Below is a Pinterest-friendly photo…. so you can pin it to your Doodle Board!!