So, what is the Best DoodleDog Food For Hip & Joint Health? As our Doodles get older, you may be wondering what you can do to prevent hip and elbow dysplasia and arthritis. Since these common ailments are prevalent in larger dog breeds, it is also a common medical condition for most Doodles. As your dog matures, there are certain precautions you can take to slow down this process. One precaution is a high-quality dog food to protect your dog’s hips and joints. Today, we are going to discuss the Best DoodleDog Food For Hip & Joint Health
Merrick Grain-Free Senior Chicken
- First on our list is Merrick Grain Free Senior in the Chicken formula. Merrick is a fantastic brand known for its wholesome ingredients and quality standards. This is because Merrick understands that as your larger breeds get older, they need more glucosamine and chondroitin. These two supplements are excellent for dog hips and joints. These supplements will help strengthen and support the joints and make it easier to walk and run like a puppy again.
- Merrick is also the best dog food to give your senior dog because it has the highest levels of joint support supplements than any other food on the market today. Merrick also has a balanced formula of omega-3 and other fatty acids to keep your dog in the best shape throughout his life. The quality of ingredients is fantastic, and it always lists real chicken as it’s the first ingredient. These are some of the best ways of knowing if a dog food is of excellent standards or not. Your dog will also love the new taste of this food guaranteed. If your dog snubs his nose at it, you can return it for a full refund.
- This AvoDerm Natural Advanced Joint Health combines naturally derived ingredients with the superfood avocado. AVOCADO? Isn’t that supposed to be dangerous for dogs? Well, yes and no. Avocados are safe when you give your dog the flesh to eat. The pit and the skin are what contain Pectin, which is the toxic compound naturally in avocados. Now that we have that out of the way, we can talk about how great this food is.
- AvoDerm uses naturally occurring glucosamine and chondroitin found in chicken tendons. Since these supplements come from food that dogs instinctively eat, it is easier for them to digest. Since this dog food contains no artificial preservatives or flavors, no grains or fillers, and no soy, your dog will love the taste. This food is as close to a dog’s natural diet with the convenience of dry food.
- Combined with the super nutrients of avocado, this food is unbeatable. The avocado provides good fats that also help support your dog’s muscle tone. It also keeps their hair and skin in excellent condition as they age, which is especially crucial for Doodles.
Nutro Wholesome Essentials Natural Senior Dry Dog Food
- Another amazing dog food for joint health is Nutro Wholesome Essentials. This senior dog food is made with high-quality ingredients that help support not only joints but also their minds. Nutro also always vows never to use by-products or artificial flavors that decrease the quality of their products. They also never use GMO ingredients or artificial preservatives. Nutro believes that if you are eating clean, your dogs should too.
- In fact, Nutro also derives most of its ingredients from natural sources. These natural ingredients are vital for aging dogs because as they get older, it is harder for their bodies to absorb nutrients. This Senior dry dog food contains all of the vitamins and nutrients they need for a balanced diet, and it is easier to digest. Since processed foods have lesser nutritional value, Nutro has designed their dog food with higher levels of all the nutrients needed in senior dogs.
- Not only does this dog food help support joints, but it also helps support their immune systems. Keeping them happy and healthy is Nutro’s guarantee. This brand comes with a fantastic warranty. If your dog does not like the food for any reason, return it for your money back.
Nulo Senior Grain Free Dog Food
- Next on our list is Nulo Senior Grain Free Dog Food. The Nulo brand is known to be a top-quality brand that adjusts its formulas for all walks of life. That is why their senior formula is fortified with not only joint support supplements but also fatty acids and nutrients needed for complete absorption. Your dog will get the full benefits of this food, and you will not have to worry about additional supplements that might be necessary.
- Nulo is also known for its amazing 80% animal protein content. This animal protein content is especially relevant if you have a dog with kidney or liver disease. Most grain-free formulas make their products cheaper by adding plant-based proteins. These plant-based proteins have recently found to cause kidney failure by some studies. With Nulo, you will never have to worry about your dog’s health and safety.
- Also, Nulo is a great brand because it uses all of its ingredients sourced from the US. That means no questionable meats or safety control issues. Your dog will enjoy the clean and delicious taste of this Senior Grain Free Dog Food.
DogsWell Happy Hips Vitality Dry Dog Food
- Another superb product for DoodleDog Food For Hip & Joint Health is from the brand DogsWell. You might have heard of this brand that is famous for treats that dogs everywhere go crazy over. Now they have a fantastic line of dog food for all ages. This dry food has all of the vitamins and supplements found in their line of Happy Hips joint support treats. Now you won’t have to wonder if you remembered your dog’s supplements again.
- Since this food has 600 mg glucosamine and 300 mg chondroitin, it will support your pet’s joints throughout all ages. These supplements are enough to help cushion her joints from any past damage, and it will help prevent further damage. These supplements will help strengthen her tendons and prevent arthritis from happening. Your beloved dog will be running and jumping just like a puppy for a long time with DogsWell.
Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Dog Food Large Breed
- When you look at a lot of dog food, you will notice that only senior formulas will have joint support supplements. Senior dog foods are meant to be given starting by the age of 7. You might be thinking, “Isn’t that too late?” That is why Wellness Core Large Breed formula starts putting joint support supplements in their adult food also. This large breed adult formula is excellent for any dog over the age of two. Since larger breeds are slower to mature, we recommend feeding them puppy food until the age of two unless directed otherwise by your veterinarian.
- This adult formula has some of the highest amounts of glucosamine and chondroitin. That means that your dog will get the support he needs before it is too late. Wellness Core is also famous for it’s naturally derived products and excellent sources of protein, which are all required for proper bone and muscle structure.
- Also, with no meat by-products or fillers, this is a food you can feel great about feeding your dog. They have taken a standard of quality and raised it to a whole new level.
Instinct Freeze Dried Raw Boost Mixers
- Last on our list is the Instinct Freeze Dried Raw Boost Mixers Mobility Support. Instinct has revolutionized how we feed our pets. Since raw food has been proven to be more beneficial than traditional dry kibble, Instinct has found a way to make raw more convenient. They have a patented process that takes all the benefits of raw food and freeze-dries it into kibble pieces. Now you don’t have to worry about contamination or prepping your dog’s diet.
- These Mixers can be added to any food that you already give to your dog. You will never have to learn by trial and error that your dog is a picky eater. Just add these Mixers into your existing food. They have a natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin found in chicken bones and tendons. Since these sources are natural, they are better absorbed and more balanced than traditional additives and supplements. So, your dog will receive the full benefits of joint health with an added tasty flavor.
- Instinct always uses cage-free chicken and no fillers, grains, or by-products. This makes their kibble mixers amazing to taste and irresistible to your dog. You can always feel good about the quality and science behind Instinct.
- There are a lot of excellent choices for dog food for joint health. No matter what stage your dog is at, there is a great option and flavor available. Your dog will stay spry and agile with these dog food brands for years to come.
We hope you liked our Best DoodleDog Food For Hip & Joint Health and got some ideas on what to look for in a joint support food.
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so you can pin it to your Doodle Board!!